Annuity incomes are continuing to rise, according to new data from Hargreaves Lansdown.
The next decision on interest rates later this week (11 May) could result in annuity incomes increasing even further in the coming weeks. The research by the firm suggested that a 65-year-old with a pension of £100,000 could generate an income of £6,782. Although annuity rates have drifted down from the heights experienced in the immediate aftermath of the Mini Budget last September, the rates remain 19% higher than this time last year. Head of retirement analysis Helen Morrissey said: "After drifting slowly down from their post mini-Budg...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.