Andy Bell has called for a radical ISA overhaul to streamline tax-efficient savings.
The AJ Bell co-founder has called for Innovative Finance ISAs (IFISAs) to be scrapped as part of an overhaul of the ISA market. Bell, who stepped down as chief executive of AJ Bell last year but remains a consultant, is leading the company's proposals. The overhaul plans include combining cash and stocks and shares ISAs into a single product and reforming the Help to Buy and Lifetime ISAs, encouraging more people to save. The plans have been presented to chancellor Jeremy Hunt and aim to simplify ISAs to motivate savings and investment. Consolidating all existing ISA variations ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.