Amid a rocky and turbulent start to the year economically, advisers will have a few key things to keep their eyes on today (15 March) when the 2023 Spring Budget is unveiled.
Jeremy Hunt is set to present his first Spring budget as chancellor this afternoon following his appointment under former prime minister Liz Truss last October. His Autumn Statement only a few weeks later was reasonably mild for the advice world, with IFAs generally agreeing that it was a good time to reassess the structure of clients' wealth. Fast forward six months however and the landscape is noticeably busier, with the package of measures later today rumoured to include a major increase to the lifetime tax allowance (LTA). "Tomorrow is his chance to give much-needed detail abou...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.