7IM has launched its Retirement Income Solution (RIS) on its platform, designed for advisers to better support clients’ flexible income needs.
It said RIS would show clients their retirement income could be maintained while demonstrating there was flexibility to adapt to changing personal circumstances. It explained RIS uses a "bucketing" approach which treats all client assets as a single portfolio aligned to their risk profile. Investments, it said, are then allocated into a series of "buckets" with short, medium and long-term time horizons. The short-term buckets are invested in lower-risk assets relative to the rest of the portfolio, it added. A cash bucket is also part of the solution which provides a year of income dur...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.