Kingswood has launched an AIM, inheritance tax (IHT) and ISA portfolio service as it has seen growing inheritance tax needs from its clients.
The service from the wealth and investment management group will offer both income and capital growth solutions in a structure that will mitigate inheritance tax after two years, the group said. Investors' portfolios will hold between 25 to 40 companies, across multiple sectors, that have been "independently assessed" for their suitability for business relief (BR). BR is efficient for IHT purposes because an investment into a qualifying company can be passed down without incurring a tax as long as it has been held for at least two years. Meanwhile, making gifts or settling assets into...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.