It is essential advisers implement a stringent data strategy which details the advice journey to ensure Consumer Duty compliance, delegates heard.
Speaking at the Empowering Advice Through Technology 2023 conference today (26 January), Change Squared director of progress Ben Wright said it was possible advisers had not had to do this before but data needed "to be top of everyone's agenda when it comes to Consumer Duty." Wright was part of a panel discussion on the incoming Consumer Duty rules which new onus on both providers and advisers to put the needs of the client first. He said: "Most advisers do their best to avoid foreseeable harm already. I am hoping people are starting to move towards outcome-based planning. The key for...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.