Advisers need to step up their services and provide joined up life-stage advice strategies to support retirees, according to OneYou Financial.
The warning from Maxine O'Hanlon, director of the retirement advisory organisation, comes as the latest Office for National Statistics figures today (18 January) show inflation remains at a worryingly high 10.5%. While this annual rate of the Consumer Prices Index is slightly lower than the 10.7% recorded in November, O'Hanlon warned that "relentlessly and sustained increased in prices" would see cost of living stay as a "painful issue for the foreseeable future". "Inflation isn't just ‘economic data'," she added. "For both workers and retirees it can be detrimental to their retiremen...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.