The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) has declared Better Retirement Group in default.
Better Retirement Group (BRG), trading as Better Annuity and Better Retirement as well as 38 previous names, was ordered by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to cease any activity that would constitute consumer buy-to-let mortgage business back in March 2016, followed by an FCA restriction from disposing of its assets and client base without its written consent on 14 October 2020, according to the FCA register. On 22 May 2022, the FCA prevented the firm from conducting any investment business. The firm has been in liquidation since 2 September following an extraordinary resolutio...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.