Advisers have lessened their focus on researching capital accumulation funds with a shift towards income-generating strategies, according to analysis from Square Mile’s market intelligence report for the final quarter of 2022.
It said that while capital accumulation was still the most researched investment outcome, its share had dropped by more than ten percentage points from 51% in Q3 to 40.7%. However, it added interest in income "surged by 7.8 percentage points, accounting for one-third of all views and suggesting that advisers are seeking strategies that can help their clients keep pace with spiralling expenses during an ongoing cost-of-living crisis". Square Mile strategic relationships director Jock Glover said: "While strategies that provide inflation protection experienced a considerable uptick i...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.