Final salary pension scheme funding positions improved by a margin of £400bn against long-term funding targets over the year to 20 December 2022, latest analysis from XPS Pensions Group finds.
The consultancy's DB:UK funding tracker found that, based on assets of £1,456bn and liabilities of £1,394bn, the aggregate funding level of UK pension schemes on a long-term target basis was 104% as of 20 December 2022, representing a funding increase of just under 20 percentage points during 2022. It said gilt yield rises of around 3% resulted in a 35% reduction in the value of pension scheme liabilities, moving many UK schemes into a surplus position for the first time since aggregated records began despite falls in asset portfolios of around 20% during the year. XPS Pensions Group ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.