In this new interview series for 2023, Professional Adviser speaks with a range of different planners from all corners of the UK about their typical workday.
This week, it's Sound Financial Management independent financial planner Ryan May… What time does a typical workday start for you and what is first on the agenda? My day starts pretty early - I revise first thing in the morning as 6:00am is when my brain is at its sharpest. After revision I then tend to jump on my emails before seeing the kids so that when I make it into work around 9:30am, I can start on my bigger jobs. On days without client meetings, when do you tend to do your ‘deep thinking' work? Deep work is reserved for mornings unless the job is urgent. I will often pause...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.