Advisers want providers to get the fundamentals of good service right, according to the research by AJ Bell, suggesting life companies have failed to properly support advisers as they deal with clients in 2022.
Seven in ten (68.5%) cited good quality of service as a critical factor when selecting providers next year in the current environment. Quality of service ranked ahead of price reductions (9.1%) and innovation to help automate and reduce overheads (7.5%) as the key things advisers want providers to focus on in 2023. Raising services standards was also more important to advisers than improved investment choice (6.3%) and enhanced technical support (3.9%). Following a difficult economic and political backdrop in 2022, in which most global markets have delivered negative returns, advis...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.