The perpetrators of a £2.7m investment scam carried out through cold calling have been found guilty of their offences in Southwark Crown Court.
Married couple Clint Canning and Eleise Wallace from Essex were found to have played a leading role in the scam, which primarily targeted elderly people. Canning was found guilty of fraud by false representation in the South London court on Friday (16 December) while Wallace was convicted of a money laundering related offence. The court heard that Canning had been running a binary options investment company, Base 2 Trade, which claimed to be involved in fixed odds betting on the trading direction of businesses. The firm - which is not registered with the Financial Conduct Authority...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.