The Standard Life brand, part of Phoenix Group, has partnered with the Samaritans on a new initiative to train more volunteers.
The Samaritans Training School has been designed to help recruit and train more listening volunteers. As a founding partner, Standard Life is making a donation which will allow the charity to train approximately 400 more listening volunteers. It has also pledged to fund up to 10,000 calls to Samaritans as part of a social media campaign. Combined the two initiatives mean Standard Life is donating £200,000 to the charity. The Samaritans offers support for anyone who is struggling to cope, day and night, 365 days a year. The charity responds to calls for help every ten seconds. So...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.