A survey of advisers has found inflation is their top business challenge, however, the vast majority are not passing on the costs to clients.
CoreData Research surveyed 266 UK-based financial advisers in August 2022 and found that 31% felt that inflation was the biggest business risk. This was followed by: volatile markets (21%); the Ukraine crisis and geopolitical tensions (16%); and regulation (14%). However, despite this inflationary concerns, advisers have not been passing on the costs to their clients and do not plan to. One in seven advisers say their firm has or plans to increase rates due to inflation. Advisers are concerned that inflation, which has increased the cost-of-living for the UK population, will widen the...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.