There’s a movement brewing in the advice industry towards financial wellbeing, with more advisers seeking deeper understanding with both clients and in fact themselves, Ayesha Venkataraman writes…
The advice industry is at another inflection point, says Octo Members Group managing director Lee Robertson. He explains: "Every now and again, advice moves forward. Advisers have moved away from being a kind of distribution sales type arm, to being highly qualified, very good technical specialists. As the better of them seek to move forward, what they have realised is that you can have all the technical knowledge in the world, but you have got to have a real empathy, a real deep understanding of what makes their clients as human beings tick." "It's not about the money. It's about the...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.