Just 1% of financial advisers and wealth managers “completely trust” sustainability claims from funds, according to research from the Association of Investment Companies (AIC).
Financial advisers and wealth managers were asked to rate their trust in funds' sustainability claims on a scale of 1 (do not trust at all) to 5 (completely trust). Only 1% of respondents responded with a score of 5, while the majority (56%) responded with 3, indicating limited trust. Fears of greenwashing could be reduced by more specific information, including examples, the survey among 200 intermediaries, 109 financial advisers and 91 wealth managers suggested. One wealth manager said: "I would need to see real examples in the portfolio. I would need them to say, ‘We looked at com...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.