Early retirement is possible for people with the benefit of proper planning and financial advice, according to a quarterly survey by LV=.
The research examined how millions of people say they have retired earlier than planned by surveying 4,000 nationally representative UK adults via an online omnibus conducted by Opinium in June 2022. Six million retirees say they retired earlier than planned and one-in-four people reported that they retired at least five years earlier than planned, according to the LV= Wealth and Wellbeing Monitor, which also highlighted that only a third (31%) of people retired early because they could afford it. However, just as many people say they were not financially ready to retire when they did...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.