It is very likely that the Covid-19 pandemic has fast forwarded the digitalisation of the industry, creating a challenge for financial planners in balancing the benefits of both worlds, adviser delegates at PA360 heard.
Speaking at PA360 North today (5 October) Unique Financial Planning managing director Philip Martin asked industry experts to explore how a hybrid world could drive growth. "For many clients a large part of their confidence in their investment still comes from that personal relationship," said Abrdn head of digital product management John Thompson. "Technology makes processes more efficient so advisers can service and support more clients, but it can't replace the personal relationship, they have with them." He added that when it comes to technology, adviser should ask their clie...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.