Venture capital trust (VCT) provider Calculus has launched a top-up offer that allows investors to access a range of UK companies in the technology, healthcare and entertainment sectors.
The provider, which has been investing in small unquoted UK companies across its range of Enterprise Investment Scheme and VCT funds for 22 years, said it aimed to raise an initial £10m with an over-allotment facility of another £10m. It said the offer followed a strong financial year 2021/22 in which the Calculus VCT achieved seven exits with an average return of two times the purchase price. The Calculus VCT, which aims to deliver an annual tax-free dividend of 4.5% of NAV as well as capital growth, facilitates investment into a diversified portfolio of 35 companies. VCT investors b...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.