Chief executive of Investment Quorum, Petronella West, has raised nearly £14,000 for Street Child, a Sierra Leone-based charity, by taking part in a half marathon this month.
Set up in 2008, the foundation is committed to helping vulnerable children gain an education in Asia and Africa. The Sierra Leone Marathon, which first took place in 2012, is a run in 30 degree heat and 90% humidity through rural Sierra Leone, in aid of Street Child's work. West, who has worked at IQ for 21 years, said her passion helps her to expand her charity work in Sierra Leone. "I am involved with projects working with very poorest and underprivileged children, supporting them back into family networks and, most importantly, back to school." She added that Street Child has be...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.