Advised platform assets are dominated by a handful of brands, according to the lang cat’s latest annual state of the platform nation guide.
While 18 of the 21 platforms submitting data to the consultancy saw double-digit growth in gross flows in 2021 versus 2020, the smaller players on the list made little headway against the market leaders, the lang cat said. The firm calculated that advised platform assets stood at £583bn at the end of 2021. It found those assets were heavily concentrated among the market leaders, with the top five companies (abrdn, Quilter, Aegon, Transact and Fidelity) controlling more than half the assets in the sector (53%). The lang cat highlighted that, in comparing the top half of the sector to t...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.