Cardiff-based Maven Wealth Management has teamed up with the Visually Impaired Sailing Association (Visa-gb) to organise two sailing events for blind and visually impaired people.
The charity's aim is to empower, motivate, and encourage the blind and visually impaired to join a sailing team. It appointed British yachtswoman Pip Hare as patron last May, the eighth woman to finish the renowned Vendée Globe race. The sailing events will kick off on 2 October, with a taster sail event in Milford Haven. Next year, the partnership will host Maven Week, a two-boat sailing week in June 2022. Participants will learn the sailing ropes under the supervision of a fully qualified, sighted skipper, learning about key duties such as helming the boat, raising the sails, haulin...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.