The UK IPO market has seen more companies list in the first half of 2021 than the entirety of 2020, according to new research from Pinsent Masons.
As of 28 June 2021, 45 companies have already listed and a further six have announced their intention to float, compared with 31 across the full year 2020, a rise of 45%. The first quarter of 2021 also saw an IPO boon, with the greatest number of Q1 listings since 2007 as 20 firms filed to go public, almost three times the number of Q1 2020 listings. Technology firms topped the table for IPOs, with the sector bringing 11 companies to market over the first half of the year, closely followed by online retailers, which added seven to the tally, and healthcare companies, which recorded si...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.