New medical conditions, clearer definitions, and improvements to payment conditions, as well as children's cover enhancements, have been added to Old Mutual Wealth's critical illness cover (CIC).
Additional Care Benefit, an additional £50,000 (or benefit amount if lower) paid to claimants suffering long-term illness to pay for extra care, is also included as part of CIC. All upgrades come as standard without the need to bolt on additional cover and mental health coverage has been added. Old Mutual's 'There For You' service, offering extra services such as serious illness support, bereavement support and second medical opinion, is also available alongside the policy. The idea is to make CIC "more than just a product", with "high-quality product services" at the heart of the pol...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.