Regulation and the uncertainty surrounding it have been found to be advisers' biggest concern, according to Investment Trends' annual survey.
In the year of MiFID II and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the firm's research, which this year gathered the views of 963 financial advisers, found 50% more advisers believe regulatory change and uncertainty to be their top challenge in comparison to last year, with six-in-ten (59%) saying so, compared to 38% last year. Most advisers surveyed said they have a sufficient understanding of how MiFID II, GDPR and Brexit will impact their day-to-day business, but few believed they have a very good understanding, while there is also a "significant knowledge gap" with the incomi...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.