AIG Life has launched an over fifties life plan with a range of benefits in a bid to aim the traditional direct-to-consumer offer into a mainstream adviser product, PA's sister title COVER has exclusively revealed.
AIG Life said it is the first provider to offer an over fifties life plan to all advisers and as such is looking to open a new market opportunity for advisers and make protection easier to buy for their customers. Over fifties life plans have typically been sold direct online, through magazine inserts and day time TV marketing campaigns. It offers a protected benefit - payments cease at age 90 regardless, but if premiums have exceeded over half of the specified term then a pro-rata amount of the sum assured is paid. It also has an Inflation Option - increase by up to 10% RPI each year...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.