Canada Life has returned to the individual protection market with four life plans, two offering a critical illness add-on.
The CanProtect plans will include both level term and decreasing term life insurance policies. Each of these will be available as either life assurance only, or as 'plus' products, which include critical illness cover. Canada Life left the individual protection market in the UK nine years ago. The critical illness add-on will cover 58 conditions, 42 core and 16 additional payment conditions. Additional payments will be limited to the lower of £25,000 or 25% of the sum insured. Adviser research tool CIExpert welcomed the announcement. Director Alan Lakey said: "This plan ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.