Consumer watchdog Which? has today called on the Justice Secretary Ken Clarke to investigate creating tougher regulation around the activities of claims management companies (CMCs).
This is the latest move in the body's ongoing campaign to rebuild consumer confidence in the claims management sector following the notorious payment protection insurance (PPI) mis-selling scandal. Which?, in conjunction with MoneySavingExpert.com and the British Bankers' Association, has written a letter to Justice Secretary Ken Clarke calling for tougher regulation of claims management companies. The letter stated that there has been "significant rule breaking in the sector" and that the government had a "critical role to play in ensuring third party complaint handlers are properly ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.