LV= has announced it paid 91% of income protection (IP) and 88% of critical illness (CI) claims in 2011.
The figures are slightly below those from 2010 (when it paid 92% and 93% respectively) and the first six months of the year. Overall the provider paid 95% of protection claims, with this figure being boosted by a 100% record for life insurance claims. The insurer is also planning to announce the details of its new CI offering in the coming weeks. In total it paid out over £12m in IP claims (up 3% on 2010) with less than 2% rejected due to non disclosure. The average age of a claimant was 45 while mental disorders (31%) proved the most common reason for claim. And the average ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.