Axa PPP has removed all cost and time limits for licensed cancer drug treatment for patients on its standard individual and SME plans.
It comes as part of the insurer's new commitment to cancer and heart disease coverage including improved treatment terms for policyholders. The provider is also waiving any monetary limits that may apply to out-patient tests and consultations for cancer patients and will offer experimental drugs when pre-agreed as part of an ethical trial. Injectable hormone treatment and bisphosphonate treatment used to manage cancer are fully covered during active treatment, while requests for experimental surgery will be considered. Heart surgery patients will also benefit from no time limits to...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.