More warnings about fund fees, a growing controversy around JISAs and an explanation of financial planning - five things the nationals have thrown up that your clients will call you about this week.
Fund fees Another week and another warning to investors that fund managers, stockbrockers and financial advisers are depriving them of up to a third of their returns. The Guardian reported on a exposé by David Norman, formerly chief executive of Credit Suisse Asset Management, who said the costs borne by British investors are higher than in the United States, Germany or France. He also suggested soft commission is still rife in the industry. JISA controversy While the launch of Junior ISAs may have heralded a new era in saving for children, a row is now brewing about those who can't ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.