More than half of SME employers fear the cost impact of the government's health and welfare reforms, according to Jelf Group.
As a result it called for the House of Lords to help prevent potentially severe consequences and examine the effects on business of the new regimes. The employee benefits intermediary conducted a poll of 169 SME businesses at a recent seminar and found 55% worried about the reform's implications. It suggested the main reasons that employers were fearful of increased financial pressures came from government overhauls of the NHS and welfare systems. “Anecdotal evidence of increased waiting lists on the NHS may mean key employees take longer to return to the workplace,” it said. “...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.