Aviva has unveiled a product allowing grandparents the chance to buy specialist health insurance for their grandchildren.
Child Health Solutions, gives grandchildren access to diagnosis and cover for treatment at private facilities for a fixed premium. The scheme also includes dentistry, physiotherapy and speech therapy, specially chosen to complement paediatric services available on the NHS. Assistance to help parents finance sundries such as travel expenses and parking costs if their child has to stay in hospital is also available. Recent research from Aviva has shown that over half of grandparents (51%) now look after their grandchildren with the vast majority (88%) saying this extra time has broug...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.