Unum has ceased writing new business in the individual critical illness (CI) market.
The provider said its individual arm will now concentrate solely on the income protection (IP) market Linton Penman, head of retail marketing art Unum said: "It is safe to say that the volume of CI business was small largely because it was a pure standalone CI policy without life cover. So we were a niche section of the CI market. Sales were low and it was not a tough decision to make." Unum stopped marketing and quoting CI in early April and the last of these cases are now on risk. "We have basically been clearing up what was in the pipeline, those waiting for medical evidence for...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.