Chancellor Alistair Darling has announced the Government will integrate Northern Rock Asset Management (NRAM) and Bradford & Bingley (B&B).
The intention is to create a single holding company that will own NRAM and B&B under common governance and management. The Government said it was the optimal solution to maximise value for the taxpayer and to create a solid platform for the orderly management of both companies' mortgage books. Under the arrangement, both companies will remain as separate legal entities, each with its own balance sheet liabilities and support arrangements. Full details are not yet established and a firm timescale cannot yet be confirmed. NRAM has assured customers that there are no immediate changes...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.