Clive Norman, an independent mortgage adviser at Sovereign Financial Planning in Eastbourne, is calling for the industry to support a petition posted on the No 10 Downing Street website demanding the Government intervenes to outlaw dual-pricing.
A total of 1,624 people have already signed up to the petition, which is representative of strong industry feeling about the dual-pricing issue. The situation appears to be worsening with the number of mortgage products available through intermediaries falling from 2,610 in June to 2,202 in July, according to sourcing system TrigoldCrystal. Information explaining the reasons behind the petition reads: “Mortgage lenders - a prime example being where tax payers money has been injected - creating unfair price discrimination and product availability for intermediaries, resulting in le...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.