Foresight Group has acquired Downing’s technology ventures division, including the management of Downing’s Venture Capital trust and Enterprise Investment Scheme businesses.
The venture-focused funds Foresight will acquire are Downing ONE VCT Plc, Downing FOUR VCT Plc and the Downing Ventures EIS Scheme, in order to diversify its portfolio and provide growth opportunities. These funds, which are deployed across venture capital, AIM-quoted investment companies and legacy asset-backed investment debts in the UK, the US and Israel, have a combined AUM of £275m. The acquisition will broaden Foresight's offering to include earlier stage venture investments with thematic focuses on enterprise software, deep technology and consumer. Foresight is expected to a...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.