Gavin Kingsley worked as an IFA in south Wales during the British Steel debacle and, here, he talks to Hannah Godfrey about launching a new firm located at the heart of the scandal that gripped the financial advice profession.
Sanctuary Financial Planning was launched by four directors - Gavin Kingsley, Gareth Shears, Shane Hyland and James Baker - just a few months ago in January. Kingsley, Shears and Baker had all worked together at Newport-based firm Niche IFA before making the decision to start their own business, while Hyland joined to form the quartet after running his own directly authorised firm HRW Consulting. Niche IFA - a business Kingsley describes as "a great firm to work for" - stopped advising British steelworkers after it felt overwhelmed by men wanting to transfer out of their defined bene...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.