In the second instalment of Hannah Godfrey's two-part interview with Keith Richards, the PFS chief executive highlights what he sees as the biggest concerns facing financial advisers and the profession.
With defined benefit (DB) transfers one of the most talked-about areas of financial advice over the last 12 months, it is perhaps unsurprising that this - in combination with the unintended consequences that can come with advising on them - should be a pincipal concern for Keith Richards. After the British Steel pension scheme saga, which saw some businesses accused of offering poor advice to clients to transfer out of their final salary schemes, DB transfers have rarely been far from the minds of advisers - or the regulator - and the Personal Finance Society (PFS) chief fears some advis...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.