Markets around the world rallied sharply in the first quarter on hopes the eurozone debt crisis had reached a nadir, while oil shot up sharply amid uncertainties in the Middle East. A number of UK-domiciled funds stood out against their peers in Q1 this year, but which ones did you own?
With oil surging over 10% to climb above $120 per barrel during the first three months of the year, it is unsurprising an energy fund topped the list. The £52m Junior Oils trust, managed by Angelos Damaskos (pictured), delivered 35.04% in the first quarter. However, it was not just the energy fund that outperformed, with five of the funds in the top ten coming from the UK Smaller Companies sector, including Aberforth's UK Small Companies fund and Fidelity UK Smaller Companies. Below is the top ten best performing funds over Q1 (to end of March), according to data compiled by Lipper...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.