Cash plans are increasingly used in place of private medical insurance excess. Howard Hughes assesses the sustainability of this pricing model
Health cash plans are now an essential part of the corporate health benefit sector. The market is now seeing double digit growth year on year, even during these tough economic times, and cash plans now reach almost half a million people directly in the workplace. Intermediaries have played a big part in this growth as they now recognise the exceptional value that cash plans can provide customers. In return, providers are much better at recognising the importance of intermediaries as a distribution point. For advisers there is much to be gained from providing cash plans as they represen...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.