With the medical insurance sector in a state of flux, Owain Thomas dons the white coat and protective glasses to scientifically investigate the issues.
Scientists studying a problem will often take a large-scale overview of the subject before looking through their microscope for a closer examination. This approach can prove profitable in many other areas of life too and would also seem particularly appropriate for the private medical insurance (PMI) sector. Macro issues of NHS reform and the Office of Fair Trading’s review of the private healthcare market provide the wider starting points. This then sets the platform to consider the micro issues of provider consolidation and ever increasing premiums as medical inflation continues ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.