While the FSA has made strides that could further COVER's industry-backed Promoting Protection campaign, Mark Twigg explains why the Government needs to throw its hat in the ring.
The distribution of retail financial services is facing greater political scrutiny now than at any point in recent years. The protection industry should not be isolated from this debate, yet strangely the gaze of policymakers is fixed elsewhere. With the Financial Services Authority's (FSA) retail distribution review (RDR) working towards a root and branch overhaul of the market for investment products and financial advice, the European Commission, through its retail market review, is also keen to examine what steps can be taken to develop a more sustainable and accessible market for long-t...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.