Risk Clinic: Life and CI enhancements

clock

I treat life and critical illness as fairly commoditised products for perfectly healthy people aged under 35. Can I do more to help them in this area?

Andrew Ward, Yoursure Subject to critical illness cover being suitable for the client, the first conversation would be about the structure of the plans, as some policies are geared to being more comprehensive and others are closer to the ABI standard. ABI+s are a great place to start for a picture of who is competitive within the market. This may leave us with only a handful of providers that are competitively priced but go the extra mile. Once the client appreciates the differences and how they apply to them, I would then get he or she to look at the illnesses covered and see how appro...

To continue reading this article...

Join Professional Adviser for free

• Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence
  • Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
  • Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
  • Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection
  • Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
  • Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes

Join

Already a Professional Adviser member?

Login

More on Critical Illness

Defaqto launches critical illness comparison tool

For Engage planning solution

Adam Saville
clock 12 February 2019 • 1 min read

Breast cancer still biggest cause of CI claims - Aegon

Group paid £56m in last decade