The number of self-employed people has risen rapidly in recent years, and there are now well over three million people working for themselves in the UK.
This has subsequently driven growth within the self-certification mortgage market, and according to Datamonitor’s 2005 report the future looks bright for this sector. Bank of Scotland Mortgages have made it their mission to ensure Self-Certification customers can benefit from the expertise of a trained team of underwriters and an efficient mortgage application process. Charles Haresnape, Managing Director of Bank of Scotland Mortgages, explained the rationale behind this strategy: “At Bank of Scotland we have an approach that involves looking at each mortgage application on an individ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.