What are the market drivers that makes itan attractive sector for amateur landlords? By Graham Felstead, Head of Corporate Accounts, RBS Intermediary Partners
The buy-to-let sector has undoubtedly been one of the more significant growth stories from the mortgage market over the last few years. The Council of Mortgage Lenders' (CML) statistics shows that 2007 was another period of growth. Third quarter gross advances were up 5.5% on the previous quarter, representing 12.7% of the mortgage market's total gross advances. And, by the end of third quarter, the total value buy-to-let mortgages stood at £116,100m accounting for 10.0% of the total mortgage market. As well as sales being a good indicator of the state of the market, the arrear...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.