There are interesting times over at the FSA at the moment with the Turner Report essentially announc...
There are interesting times over at the FSA at the moment with the Turner Report essentially announcing wholesale reforms to the way it regulates the banks. No actual details, you understand, just a list of uncertainties. The regulator will be looking at 'macro economic imbalances, financial innovation of little scale and important deficiencies in key bank capital and liquidity regulations'. While this has little impact on the life of an adviser, it will be a massive job for the FSA and comes at a time when it is employing around 260 more inspectors. These will no doubt be recruited from ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.