Lawyer Alastair Manning looks at the pitfalls of selling a business and outlines, in his expert opinion, how to avoid them...
There has been considerable consolidation in the adviser market over recent years and sales of businesses have been on the increase. Selling your business can be a stressful time, but there are a few steps you can take, both before and during a sale, to ensure the transaction proceeds as smoothly as possible. Below we look at some of the common pitfalls that can trip up a sale, how to avoid them and the consequential delays or worse, the collapse of the transaction. Preparing for sale To ensure your sale proceeds efficiently, there are several areas which you will need to prepare. H...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.