Brendan Llewellyn assesses competition in the financial advice space and says from a sector point of view, low competition is quite a concern.
Of all the various things advisers are concerned about, competition looms small. In fact, I've never seen or carried out any research which places competition as a problem. The latest study we carried out at Adviser Home with Alpha FMC shows that just 8% of advisers see competition as a major challenge - and only 3% see client retention as an issue. Of no concern compared to the usual suspects - regulation, operational cost, tech development etc. The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) have to be interested in this. Part of their remit is to engender competition. From their mission doc...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.